Monday, September 21, 2009

Why I love my job

I've worked at Starbucks for a year now. They pay me virtually nothing, and I have nobody working under me. I work there full time and can barely cover my bills.

I shouldn't be having this much fun.

Yesterday at work I pulled 2 phone numbers, had a beautiful Korean girl asking me question after question about myself, and tomorrow I have a date with a girl I talked to for 3 minutes at the Drive-thru.

A couple weeks ago I had 3 cars in a row in drive thru of girls either giving me their phone number or asking me for mine - unsolicited.

A middle-aged couple who come in every night (for a decaf venti nonfat no whip raspberry mocha and a venti 8-splenda passion iced tea), just gave me a book they thought I would enjoy. (Psychology, nonfiction.)

This week alone I got invited to Korean barbeques, house parties, asked on dates, italian dinner parties, a concert, got asked to pose nude for a photography book, and probably more that I'm forgetting about.

What's going on here? How can I have such a social lifestyle when on the surface of things, I shouldn't have this much going for me???

The answer: I live my life, and I live my job, as though everything were perfect just the way it is. I aim for nonresistance, as Tyler Durden would say.

As always,

Flirting in Korean

No comments:

Post a Comment